Sunday, May 24, 2015

Been a bit slack

I have been a bit slack on the blog I have had a bit of a slow down on the sewing front as I am having a big clean out and then I got a cold which turned into an ear infection.  Thankfully the antibiotics have done the trick and my ear is much better.

The cleaning results so far are six bags of clothes gone.


Hundreds of magazines in the process of going.


I have done a bit of secret sewing which I will be able to show next week.  It is in the post at the moment.  Sometimes secrets are hard to keep.

I have been to the Geelong Quilt In.  I treated myself to some fabric which I couldn't resist.


I have already cut it up and am in the process of sewing.  The quilt I am making is called Down South by Peta of She Quilts Alot.  Peta also has a great tutorial for the left over half square triangles.  

This is what I made for our Gail Pan swap.


This is what I received from O'Faigh.




It is a bag for your iron and then you open it and can use it as an ironing mat.  I just love it together with my board for building blocks so all the pieces stay together and button tin.  I just love the fabrics so me.

Until next time happy stitching.









7 comments:

  1. Good morning Kim. it feels good to have a clean up doesn't it. I to got sick with a bad cold, Hope you are feeling better. Love your Gail pann swaps, that iron bag/mat is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiddo glad you are feeling better it's not fun having an earache. I have been having a clean out in my kitchen and heaps of stuff has gone to the op shop,it feels so good to have a clear out,my bedroom is next,lol. Love the swap gifts you made and received Kim,it was such a wonderful day wasn't it,enjoy your Sunday my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. Lovely swap gifts. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy with your big cleanup Kim. Think I should be doing that. Love what you made for the Gail Pan swap and the lovely parcel from O"Faigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean up are great for feeling on top, sorry you have been unwell, hope you are back on top and feeling wonderful. Wow love your swap gift, what a great idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It always makes you feel good when you have a clean up. The gift you received from O'faigh is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you Kim, having that clean out... I need to do that too!

    Great fabrics there, can't wait to see your sewing with it!

    ReplyDelete