Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Slow off the Mark

Happy New Year.  I am a bit slow off the mark this year.  I went to Darwin for Christmas and then brought back my nephews and niece with me to Melbourne to visit the rest of the family.  We came back via Adelaide so it was a long day.  I have been spending time with them so I haven't done that much sewing.  It is nice being on holidays.

I have joined a couple of swaps on Instagram you can find me @quiltingwithkim so I have been working on presents.  One is a 12 month swap and the other is a one off both are Bonnie and Camille swaps so just perfect for me.

This is what I have made.


This is Mini Rise and Shine using Vintage Modern and Miss Kate and is my first finish for the year.


Mini Norway using Happy Go Lucky.  Both patterns are by Thimble Blossoms.

I am also sewing my stash.  This is my first stash block.


The book is Scrap Inc and there are 15 different scrappy quilts by different designers including one by Camille Roskelley and one by Sherri McConnell two of my favourite designers.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays.

Until next time happy stitching.



9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim & Happy New Year!
    Lovely sewing there - your scraps are going to look interesting - I have a lot that I will need to do something with some time this year or next. I'd love to know what you think of the book.
    I look forward to seeing your beautiful sewing during 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,happy new year my friend i love your work,you are amazing the projects you do ,hope we get to see them next month.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your minis. Beautiful. Glad you are enjoying your holidays and hope 2015 are wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like lovely holidays Kim. Loving your sewing

    ReplyDelete