Saturday, January 24, 2015

Friday Night Sew In

Last night I started something new.  My Moda Modern Building Blocks quilt.  It arrived just before Christmas but with going away and wanting to get a few other things done together with swap commitments I had resisted but last night I could resist no longer.


The first block all cut.


And the first block finished.  It is a whopping 36 inchs.  There is one more block this size then smaller ones it is a very large quilt 48 blocks in all so only 47 to go.


Hope you all had a productive night and thanks Wendy for hosting.  Until next time happy stitching.



19 comments:

  1. It is always nice to start a new project. I look forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim wow your block is awesome,well done my friend and i hope you have a wonderful long weekend my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous block.Lokks like a fun quilt to work on....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice piecing! I can't wait to see more as your quilt progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was tempted to buy this, but actually had some self control and did not! Now, I will get to see all your progress. I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it will be a wonderful quilt..a great start..that is a large block

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the block looks great , enjoy the new project !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your block. Looks fabulous. I'm hoping to get back to my building blocks soon. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this quilt before. It looks intriguing! Love your first block. Such precise corners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely block and the book looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great start to your new quilt, I look forward to seeing the other blocks as you progress along with it :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is indeed a huge-o block there Kim... very neat piecing! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Warst Du fleißig !
    Sieht toll aus !
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a wunderful Projekt!
    The colours are fantastic. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this one is pretty, beautiful color combination. It shines,
    greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kim, this looks block fantastic, I have been really tempted to buy this pattern too. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete