Saturday, November 22, 2014

Friday Night Sew In

Thanks Wendy for hosting Friday Night Sew In.  I didn't do much sewing last night but lots of cutting for my Night Sky Quilt by Thimble Blossoms.  This is the fabric I am using.


Aloha Girl by Figtree & Co.

This is all my cutting nicely labeled so I know what is what.  I just need to cut the background fabric then I will be ready to sew.


Then I needed to watch Gracepoint so I did a little hand stitching.


This is a kit I got earlier in the year by Hugs n Kisses called Edelweiss.  I have only just started.

And during the week I worked on a quilt for my nephew called Smooth Sailing by Cotton Way using Daysail by Bonnie & Camille because I couldn't do a post without some Bonnie & Camille fabric.


This is the first block.

Until next time happy stitching.




13 comments:

  1. what beautiful fabrics! can't wait to see how they come together.
    love the first block for your nephew's quilt. Great pattern.
    lovely progress on your stitching block too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful fabrics youhave chosen. Did you watch Broadchurch too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics the stitching looks lovely as does the block for your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fabrics . Can't wait to see the quilt. Love the sail boat. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What yummy fabrics that Aloha Girl range looks like. I will have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work Kim ,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I stopped by your blog as I am just starting back into quilting and I never knew too much to start with. I was wondering how to break projects into steps and I think you just showed me the first one. I have projects from awhile ago but have no idea what fabrics go with what. So for now I guess it's all stash and I'll need to start over but this time I will label and cut and bag!
    Your sailboat block is darling and I like your stitchery too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you accomplished quite a bit getting all that cutting done!! Can't wait to see the results......my 1st time visiting your lovely blog, and planning to stop in again :). Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a delicious bundle of fabrics Kim...
    You have done very well getting all that cutting done.
    Cute boat block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh what lovely fabric. The boat block and stitching are super!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a lot of cutting. Must be nice to have that step done.
    Lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your win Kim. What a lot of cutting - and you had time to sew as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Kim you were on a roll. LoVe that fabric...
    Looking forward to seeing its progress ... :)

    ReplyDelete