Sunday, September 21, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

I was nominated to participate in the Around the World Blog Hop by Tanya  http://tanyaquiltsinco.blogspot.com/2014/09/around-world-blog-hop.html.  I have never done anything like this but this year I have been trying new things like joing the Mill Rosie Group and participating in swaps.  I feel like I have found a whole new world of lovely talented people.  Now to answer the questions.

1. What are you working on?

Um ah I am one of those quilters that has lots of things on the go at once.  I hate to think how many UFOs I have too scary.  I always have a hand stitching project on the go to stitch at night while watching TV at the moment it is a choice of two both called Deck the Hall very different but both lovely.





So enjoy making these.  Both have a long way to go.  I haven't pressed them as I still have a way to go and I would only have to press again.

Then I have machine based projects.  The past week I have spent quilting my City Blocks quilt designed by Sweet Jane.  I used a Scrumptious layer cake which I got for my Birthday it just needs the binding.



I have also been working on my Whit little quilt using the same range of fabric.  


Just need to add borders.

I am also working on Sunday Bows by Cotton Way using Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille.



2. How does your work differ from others of its genre?

I am a Bonnie and Camille fan and love using their fabrics they a nice and fresh and cheerful.  Not sure how else my work differs I follow the pattern most of the time and prefer using a range as it takes a bit of thinking out of it all.

3. Why do you write/create?

I always made things, my Nanna was a crafter and she was still crocheting up until she passed away at the grand old age of 92.  My Mum is also a crafter and when I was young I thought everyone made things.  I thought people were strange if they didn't create.  No one in my family has been a quilter so I am the first.  I just love making things and the joy of giving a quilt to someone that treasures it.  I find quilting sooths my soul particularly when things are difficult.  If I don't get to do any stitching for a day I feel like my day isn't complete.  I must confess I get up earlier on a work day so I can do some stitching before I get ready to go to work it is such a nice way to start the day.

4. How does your writing/creating process work?

Not sure that it does.  I just do a bit of this a bit of that and hopefully something will eventually get finished.  I do what takes my fancy unless there is a deadline.  It is much easy to work on something you love.

I know I was meant to nominate people to participate but have notice a lot of people have already participated but if you haven't and would like to all you need to do is answer the above questions in a post next Monday.

Have a great week and happy stitching.

8 comments:

  1. It was nice getting to know a little more about you, Kim. Your quilts, both large and small, are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you make is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim what a lovely post and i always love seeing what you are making ,your quilts are gorgeous and you are one very clever friend,hope you have a lovely day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for trying new things! I always drool over your Bonnie and Camille projects. I love your embroidery, are you using embroidery floss or perle cotton? Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great read and nice to find someone else who likes having several projects on the go :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still feel that people who don't make things are strange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many beautiful projects that you are working on.
    can I ask what size sashings you used for your mini?
    i t looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete