Sunday, August 3, 2014

Some Finishes.

I had a productive July making gifts for a couple of swaps I have been participating in.

First is Mrs Martin's My House my Home Swap.  You might remember I got the gift order wrong so while everyone else made kitchen gifts I made Michelle a sewing bag.  The pattern is from Gail Pan's new book Patchwork Loves Embroidery.  I love this book there is so much I want to make from it but this is what I made for Michelle.



This is what Michelle of Britannia Creek made for me.


I love it.  Thanks Michelle.  My niece loves butterflies so lucky she is in Darwin otherwise she might have claimed it.  I did send a photo so she could see it.

These are the things I made for Vickie in the Christmas in July Swap.


A Marg Lowe design decoration with Snowmen button.


A felt star garland.


A scallop edge hand towel with mitton fabric.

And 


Santa cushion from Gail Pan's 2014 Simply Christmas book.  Another book I want to make more from.

I also finished my niece's birthday quilt.  It is so big I don't have anywhere to take a photo of it.  This is a quarter of the quilt.


If she doesn't like it I am asking for it back.  The pattern is in Camille Roskelley's Simply Retro book and is called Fresh.  I did have intentions of making one from Scrumptious but it was so hard to press I am not sure if I can do one that size yet unless someone volunteers to press the seams when I have it altogether.

I am off to do some more sewing.

Until next time happy stitching.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Kim. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nieces quilt is amazing Kim- I'm sure she will just love it. Have to put that Gail Pan sewing bag on my list real soon - gorgeous job you did of it and your xmas in July gifts also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim your work is amazing,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work kim, you have achieved so much

    ReplyDelete