Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sewing Fun

I have been working on a few things.

Firstly Layer Cake lemonade.  This is a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I have made it using Simply Colour by V & Co.  It is a gift for the lady at work who just retired last Tuesday.  I didn't have it finished in time but we are catching up for lunch on Friday with a few others that used to work with me.  I quilted it myself in a 2 inch cross hatch.



A close up of my quilting.  It isn't perfect but I am pleased with how it turned out.  I am going make a couple more of these quilts as they are easy and not too big that I can quilt myself.  They are also make a nice gift I have another top put together just waiting for my backing fabric to arrive.  I also have a Miss Kate layer cake which I am going to use as a wedding gift.

I also got my niece's quilt back from the quilters.  I have been snuggling under it whilst I sew on the binding.  Still more to sew but it is a huge quilt.


The quilting design is called popcorn and Jemima's have done a great job yet again.


I now have my Miss Kate trip around the world top all put together just need to wait for the Miss Kate yardage to arrive in stores so I can get some backing.  Sorry about the weeds it is too cold to garden.


More progress on my Little Creatures.  It is like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.  I am trying to make sure all my seams nest.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.  Thanks for stopping by and for all the lovely comments you leave.

Until next time happy stitching.

4 comments:

  1. I love your embroideries on the Little Creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy, love the trip around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim so many gorgeous quilts you have been working on. Your Trip Around the World is just lovely and loving how your Little Creatures is coming together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.....Kim love your projects...I am hoping to make one of those layer cake quilts on the weekend, yours looks fantastic...

    ReplyDelete