Thursday, June 26, 2014

What I have been making

I have been busy on the sewing front.


First is my Beautiful Dreamer cushion.  This is from a new book by Helen Stubbings called Simply Appliqué the Hugs n Kisses way.  It is a beautiful book that has cushions, wall hangings, table runners and quilts using Helen's appliqué paper to make needle turn easier well for me any way.  I have plans to make more from this book but have other things to do first.  My leaves aren't perfect but it is better than any other needle turn I have done.  I got some aqua linen from Mill Rose Cottage and used some of my Miss Kate fabrics by Bonnie and Camille.


This is my Santa Sack for my yet to be born nephew.  I will show the front once he has been born which will be very soon.  It is just that not everyone knows his name and I have put his name on the front.  I am sure my sister would be none to pleased if I let the cat out of the bag.  All the fabric was from my stash and it was a free pattern from Spotlight.  I do have to say that I had to adjust the pattern as my front and back ended up different sizes but it was easy to fix with an extra piece of fabric.

I have done some other things but have to wait until the weekend to take photos with better light.  I am going to the Quilt and Craft show on Saturday so won't have much stitching time this weekend.

Until next time happy stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Your cushion is beautiful. Cute Santa sack. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your finishes Kim, you have been busy

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cushion looks gorgeous Kim,
    love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cushion is gorgeous, Kim. I'm looking forward to seeing the front of the Santa sack. Enjoy the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Kim your cushion is so sweet and i love the santa sack,you do such beautiful work,hope you have a lovely weekend my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete