Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sewing Sunday

What do you do on a cold wet windy Sunday.  Sew of course.

This is what I have been playing with today.


Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille.  I got a couple of jelly rolls when I was at the quilt show yesterday and had seen a pattern in Quilters Companion Quilts for Today called Reconstitution Square that I wanted to make.  It took a while to get this far as I had to make sure I didn't mess up the order.  I have also been doing a little secret sewing.

Other things that I have been working on.


The Glaciers by Lisa Moore.  I got this as a kit when I was in Alaska last year as I just loved it.  


A close up of the quilting and the little jewels I hot fixed on.  It was quilted by Jemima's Quilting and I am so pleased with it.  As usual they have done a great job.


This is what I have done with the Scrumptious layer cake I got for my birthday.  It is called City Blocks by Sweet Jane.


My first Red Letter Day block pattern by Thimble Blossoms and also using Miss Kate.

And lastly my placemat is finished.


Hope you are keeping warm.  My sister has kindly informed me that it is 30 degrees in Darwin.

Have a great week and happy stitching.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Kim you have been doing such beautiful work and you sure have done a lot over the weekend,well done ,your sister is a tease,lol,my sister moves up there next year,can't wait to visit.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so busy with lots of gorgeous results

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy sewing, Kim. I love your City Blocks quilt. It shows up that gorgeous Scrumptious beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim...you have been so busy....gorgeous projects..

    ReplyDelete