Friday, May 30, 2014

Gifts and Swaps

These are the lovely fat quarters from the ladies in the Birthday Fat Quarter Swap group I am in.


A nice variety of fabrics.

I also received this.


My all time favourite fabric Scrumptious in a layer cake from a family friend.  Haven't decided yet what to make but if anyone has a layer cake pattern to suggest I am open to ideas.

This is what my parents gave me.


It isn't a very good photo but it is a patchwork pendant.  They got it from Lynette Anderson A Little Quilt Shop if you want to have a look.

My parents also painted my bedroom while I was away.

Before shots.



After shots.



It is a lovely aqua to match all my Bonnie and Camille quilts.

Now for the swaps.

Just before I went to Darwin I went to the Mill Rosie group meet.


I made this sewing set by Gail Pan with April Showers there is a pin cushion, needle case, small bag and pouch with some extra stitching goodies.  Barb received my parcel and she was very pleased with it.

This is what I received made by Marg.


A thread catcher I had always intended to make one of these but now I don't have to.  How good does my machine look after it's service.  It sounds much better too.  They found a pin in there somewhere so I am glad I got it done.  Another job my parents did for me whilst I was on holidays aren't they great.



A little zipper bag.


And a lovely dolly pincushion and keeper of all things stitchy.

The other swap I am in is Mrs Martin's My House My Home swap.  This time It was the bathroom/laundry.

This is what I made.




I made some Scallop hand towels which was a free tutorial from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I added a nail file and some soap to the parcel.

This is what I received from Michelle.


Two hand towels and a peg bag.  Michelle used Bliss by Bonnie and Camille and I just love them.  I have already put the towels to good use.

Another lot of photo overload but so much has been happening.

I am joining Choockyblue's birthday celebrations this weekend.  I am working on my Puddle Jump quilt top and some secret sewing for upcoming swaps.

Hope you have a fun stitching weekend.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing for your parents to do - very thoughtful. Love the gifts you made and received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh such lovely things
    Great job by your parents
    And a very Happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.....what an awesome birthday....fantastic gifts.....

    ReplyDelete