Saturday, April 5, 2014

Friday Night with Friends

Last night I worked on my Starlight quilt.  It is a newbie.  I spent the week cutting and preparing so that on Friday I could sew.  There was also a bit of pressing.  Starlight is designed by Camille Roskelly of Thimble Blossoms and is made with April Showers by Bonnie & Camille.  I am sure no one is surprised by that since I am a known Bonnie & Camille addict and proud of it.


These are the scrappy triangles.


This is the first star.

I need to cut more navy triangles and also the large white triangles that go in between the stars.

The name of this quilt made me think of a book I read as a child and part of it when like this

Star light star bright
First star I see tonight
Wish I may wish I might
Make a wish with all my might.

Think I may have to make a wish tonight hopefully it won't be too cloudy.

Thanks for an enjoyable evening stitching with you all and thanks Cheryll for being such a lovely hostess.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope you all have lots of sewing time.

I am blogging with my IPad so I haven't yet worked out how to link to other blogs and that is why my photos have been large.

Until next time happy stitching.

15 comments:

  1. Your block is beautiful. You are so very clever. I used to say that rhyme to my children x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block Kim and I love the fabric this is going to be so nice.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful block and fabrics look forward to your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block. Love the fabrics you are using. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking good. Lots of work cutting and getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is going to be gorgeous, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought I wrote a comment...oops...your project is gorgeous. Love it! Thanks for coming over for FNWF too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tis a lovely block, will be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim, lovely fabrics and sewing. Camille's patterns are always so pretty, as are the fabrics she designs with her Mum. I recently bought a couple of her mini patterns, am hoping to get one done in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing the progress on your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness Kim - that looks like a lot of very accurate cutting & piecing there - can't wait to see your progress with this one.
    A while back, I did not understand the popularity of B&C fabrics, but now I have seen more of them, & used some myself, I do think they are lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kim,

    You are a star working with all those triangles. Good luck with the rest of the blocks.

    Happy Monday.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gee, I always thought it was
    Star light star bright
    First star I see tonight
    I wish I may I wish I might
    Have the wish I wish tonight
    I guess that would be more Bonnie and Camille fabric

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your star block, just beautiful. I agree, the fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful block Kim and your fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete