Saturday, February 8, 2014

Friday Night With Friends

Last night I started a new project Raincheck by Thimbleblossoms using April Showers by Bonnie and Camille.

I spent the evening pressing fabric and cutting.  This is the progress so far.

 First I cut out 49 blocks for the background.

Then I cut out some of the umbrella shapes. 

Now I have the handles and the pieced umbrella shapes to go.

Hope you had a great evening sewing.  Thanks  Cheryll for hosting.

Until next time happy stitching.

22 comments:

  1. I love that pattern. Love the fabrics you are using. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats going to look amazing Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to keep looking to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good so far, can't wait to see more of this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather I have made some more progress so I will do a post again during the week.

      Delete
  5. Oh you were BuSY... good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good, these umbrellas are going to be lovely, so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty fabrics for your umbrellas, you did a lot of cutting on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be itching to start stitching. :) You have more control than me I'd want to put the cutting on hold and get a few blocks made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely fabrics! Lots of cutting out but it's done now, so a very productive night for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done,hey kim just a tip ,where you are replying to people on here they will not see your replys unless they happen to check the comments again,you are best replying from the emails you get and then that person will receive your reply,\.
    See you soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a cute pattern and you made a great start already. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete