Sunday, February 23, 2014

Friday Night Sew In and Mill Rosie Friends

Friday saw me back working on my Cornelian quilt.  I managed to finish all the hexies and sew them onto the block and so this block is now complete.

I am really enjoying making this quilt.

Yesterday I joined the Mill Rosie Friends for the first time.  I had the most wonderful time and everyone was so lovely.  I am looking forward to the next time already.

This time round they had a red swap.  This is what I made.



 It is a design by Abbey Lane Quilts and is called The Beatle Bag.  I used my favourite fabric range Scrumptious.

Now I have to finish the one I started for me.


 This is what I received in the swap.  I love the cute little bunny on the front and all the extra goodies inside.  It was made by Barb.  She has done such a wonderful job.


These are all the swap presents.  All of them were so beautifully made. 

It was very inspiring seeing what everyone was making and I had absolutely the best time. 

Until next time happy stitching.

15 comments:

  1. Love your hexie block. Love the bag. Glad you said what pattern because after seeing Shez post about it I was wanting the pattern. Hugs, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kim,

    What a great collection of red presents. Glad you were able to join the blog meet.

    Happy stitching.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Cornelian block and beautiful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Cornelian block I have mine all still in the bags.
    What great gifts received and sent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice to meet you on Saturday Kim. Your Cornelian block is gorgeous. I'm so glad that you had a great day on Saturday, your swap gift was very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work for FNSI and I love the Bunny on your bag, sew cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was lovely to meet you Kim. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. The swap gift you made was just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. was lovely to meet you Kim. your bag was amazing, so gorgeous.
    Glad you enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was so lovely to meet you Kim at Mill Rosie bloggers meet. You are a lovely sewer. The bag you made was gorgeous. Think everyone would have loved it.Your Cornelian block is just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Cornelian quilt block is so beautiful! Love all those red goodies in the photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim, it was great to have you join the Mill Rosie group, we did have a lovely day, your swap gifts both made and received are beautiful, as is your Cornelian block.
    Cheers R.

    ReplyDelete
  12. how lovely to go and join all those ladies.... such a lovely group it seems and so much talent.... love what you made and received...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim - what a fab time for everyone at Mill Rose! And I love that Beatle Bag - so pretty & practical to boot!
    That block with the hexy's is very lovely - I have not heard of that design before, I will have to Google it to see what it will look like... lovely stitching there...
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi kim it was so much fun to have you join in with us and we look forward to seeing you next time and also a huge thankyou for my wonderful bag,i am taking it away with me next week and the week after to show it off,you have done a beautiful job of making it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was lovely to meet you Kim, look forward to catching up with you next time, your latest block is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete