Monday, January 27, 2014

Storage and a Few More Finishes

I purchased a new storage for my fabric stash.


I got different colour cubes to match the colour of the fabric that is inside.  Unfortunately I couldn't find a yellow cube so the yellow is in the spot cube.  I have room for another to fit on top so I will get another to put projects in.  The sewing room renovation is nearing the end just the wardrobe doors being painted.  It has been a long process but when the painter is your Dad you can't complain too much.

 Pippa is now a finished top just need to sandwich and quilt.  Not sure if this will happen this week as it is going to be hot again.

 Divided Basket.  I saw it on Sherri McConnell's blog and really loved it so I purchased the pattern from here.  It was fairly easy to put together I just had a problem sewing the lining in.  I used double sided fusible Peltex but I think next time I will try to get single sided fusible.  I have got some Scrumptious fabric to make one for myself.  This one is for my sister who is expecting her first baby.

The binding is all done on Adele's Birth Sampler ready to be wrapped as her first birthday gift.

I have also joined OPAM this year and already have a few finishes for the month.  I think it will be a good way to keep track of what I do finish.

Until next time happy stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic storage, great idea...your projects are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your storage unit.. The basket looks fantastic as do the other projects.

    ReplyDelete