Wednesday, January 8, 2014

More holiday sewing and a day out

I have over the last few days working on some present projects.

 This is Swell from Camille Roskelley's Simply Retro book using Scrumptious and is complete.  I did the quilting myself just a meandering.  I feel my quilting is getting a bit better which is good.  I love this range of fabric but am going to part with this one.  I am making other quilts with this range so that makes it easier to part with.

 These are four more blocks on the Fresh quilt also from Simply Retro using Soho Chic.  I have done eight blocks now so am halfway through the blocks.  This is also a gift hence the totally different colours to my usual fare but am really enjoying making this.

 This is something I had in the cupboard that needed some unsewing done which is why it ended up in the cupboard so I have dragged it out and completed the top.  It is called Carousel and is from Simply Fat Quarters.  I have made the crib size and used left over fat quarters I had of Vintage Modern.

Yesterday I had the day off from sewing and took my nieces and nephews to the Melbourne Aquarium.  This was my Christmas gift to them.  We all had a very enjoyable day and saw lots of different things.

 The penguin posed for the camera.

 We found Nemo.

 Under the sea.
 In the shark's mouth.

Hanging out with the penguins.

Today I am back in the sewing room working on some "me" projects.  Will be back soon to show more.

Until next time happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment