Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Slow Week

Due to extreme weather the sewing room was closed.  Thankfully the heat has left for the moment and the weekend has been more pleasant and I have been able to do a few things.

During the week I did a little bit of hand stitching while sitting under the air conditioner.

 It is a design by Gail Pan called Angel's Sewing Basket.  I am using a Cottage Garden Thread Saliva.  I know that doesn't sound like a nice name for a thread but it is a nice colour.  I am going to use some Scrumptious fabric for this so the thread goes with those fabrics.

 Yesterday I cut up my fabric for the Wishes Quilt Along.  This is block one.  I have the finishing fabric cut and am so super organised I have the binding already to go.
 I always find once I finish quilting I would like the binding already prepared but I don't normally think about it until I get to that stage of the process so whilst I was cutting I decided I would just do it.

I am making some sewing bags so I also yesterday quilted the outer and inner bags.  The pattern called for a product for Soft and Stable.  I hadn't used it before so I found a shop that sold it and I must say so far it has been lovely to use.  I am going to use one as a present and one for me.

The weather this week is going to be better so hopefully I can spend a couple of evenings in the sewing room.

Until next time happy stitching.

4 comments:

  1. Its so hard to sew when its so hot. your stitching is very sweet and I LOVE those scrumptious fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Scrumptious fabrics too I think it is my all time favourite range. I am glad it is cooler this week but it is going to get hot again but so far no 40 pluses.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stitching.....love that fabric,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peg, it is my favourite all time range.

      Delete