Saturday, December 7, 2013

Friday Night With Friends

I had another lovely productive evening.

Firstly I quilted my Baby Love quilt now all that I need to do is put the binding on.

 I had intended to put the binding on last night but I decided to watch the Nelson Mandela specials on tv.  What an amazing man he was.  Instead I did some hand stitching and finished of the O block from my Snowmen A to Zzzz.  I only have a few more blocks left to complete.
 And this morning I picked up my Carousel quilt from the long arm quilter.  It has come up really nice.  It is the first time I have used this long arm quilter Jemima's Creative Quilting. The turnaround time was about six weeks so I was super excited that it was done so quickly.   I left my Swoon Quilt to be quilted next.  I have a few tops packed away that I want to get quilted.


A close up of the quilting.

Thanks to Cheryll for hosting.

Until next time happy stitching

17 comments:

  1. Your Carousel quilt is just beautiful and hasn't she done a fabulous job with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keryn I am so pleased with the quilting.

      Delete
  2. lovely work Kim,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am the same and have a few quilts waiting to be quilted. My plan is to start organising some backs and start sending them off to be quilted. hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon I am doing the same with my quilts sending there off one at a time I have a box full but will get them all done eventually.

      Delete
  4. Your quilt are gorgeous. Well done. Oh A-Z of snowmen sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle A to Z has been a long term project but am getting there I can't wait to put it together.

      Delete
  5. Nice to stitch along with you Friday night. Your quilts came out very pretty. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie it was lovely stitching with you.

      Delete
  6. Gosh you were busy. Love the alphabet stitchery. Melanie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie I must photograph all the blocks to show as I think I have only shown a few. I have about four more to go.

      Delete
  7. You did get a few projects done for FnwFs and they look great.
    Your quilt was done beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria I am very pleased with the quilting.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful quilts and stitching, you accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete