Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Two Projects at a Time

This week I have worked on only two projects.  One on the sewing machine and one hand stitching.  I have made some good progress and now the projects have swapped places.

 First up L7 which is now all quilted.  I did loops for the first time.  Not perfect but not too bad for a first go.

 A close up of the quilting.

 And the back.
All that is left is hand stitching done the binding.

 Next up is Summer Bouquet by Gail Pan.  I saw Gail's original when I was at the Blue Mountains last year and really loved it.  I have used totally different fabrics to Gail.
A close up of the blocks ready to be sewn together.

Last weekend I went to the Geelong Quilt Show.  There were some beautiful quilts on display.  A few of the ladies for the Guild were sewing up scraps which my Mum thought was a good idea for my scraps.  They were making quilts for the Royal Children's Hospital which is such a great cause.  I only wish I had more time to be able to do things like that but it is hard when you work full time.

Until next time happy stitching.

6 comments:

  1. wow Kim both these quilt look fantastic,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer bouquet is looking great love the colours. The quilting looks awesome on L7 quilt.!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kim... Gail's design is so pretty, I love the little stitcheries...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicky Gail does beautiful work I have a few of her patterns in the to do pile.

    ReplyDelete