Friday, November 8, 2013

Fruitful Four Days Sewing

I had a fruitful four days sewing.  I achieved everything I wanted to get done plus a little more.  Just a note most things were partly started and I didn't actually do as much as the photos show in case you all think I didn't sleep.

 First up is Baby Love by Bonnie of Cotton Way using the spots and solids from Scrumptious.  I am going to quilt this one myself.

 L7 designed by Me and My Sister.  This is a present for my Mum's friend who she has known since she was 5.  I am going to quilt this one myself as well.  I just have to wait for the postie to bring the backing fabric.
 This is Swell minus the outer border which only arrived in the mail this week so I need to add that.  It is designed by Camille Roskelley and is in her book Simply Retro.  It is a gift for a wedding and again I am going to quilt it.  I have used Scrumptious and think I may have issues parting with this one but I know it is going to a great home.
 A couple of decorations I made from last year's QFD Christmas in July designed by Janet Rowe.  Definitely need to make more of these.
 I finally got around to finishing my Believe table runner.  I really love this and enjoyed making the yo yos using the Clover yo yo maker it made them really easy.

 Since I have all those quilts that need to quilt I practiced some free motion quilting.  I am a bit scared about marking on a quilt top.  Think I need to dive in and just do it.


 My Cornelian blocks all complete.  The next block should arrive in a couple of weeks.  I am so enjoying making this.  I really like Helen's hexies and the fact that you don't need to pull any papers out.

Last thing is my second Round and Round block designed by Camille using Happy Go Lucky.  This has been on the backburner for a while but I saw on Facebook Camille was making another one so I got inspired.  I have everything cut now and two more blocks partly completed and then three more to go after that.

Tomorrow I am off to the Christmas Gathering which I am looking forward to.

Until next time happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Kim, so many beautiful things you've worked on lately.

    ReplyDelete