Saturday, November 16, 2013

Friday Night Sew In

Last night I started a new project.  You know the feeling when you get new fabric and you just can't wait to start so you drop your current project and jump straight in.  Also I have a deadline for this quilt for a birthday next August.  I know at the moment August 2014 seems far away but it is a big quilt 96" x 96" so being so large I will send it out to be quilted.

The fabric is not my usual colours but as it is a gift I choose fabric I think will be liked.  The fabric is Soho Chic by Sandy Gervais and I actually love it so it will make it easier to make.  I find it hard if I have to work with fabrics I don't particularly like.  The pattern is from Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley and is called Fresh.  Camille's quilt is made with Marmalade so my version is totally different.  I have used a purple as my background fabric which is a bit different from the usual white.

 A block all cut out ready for sewing.

 A block all sewn together.

 Four blocks sewn together to make a bigger block.  I need 16 of these big blocks.

And the post didn't feel right without some Bonnie & Camille fabric.  I was lucky enough to get my hands on a fat quarter bundle and jelly roll of April Showers as a pre-release it is due out early next year.  I have been having a little play with it.

I hope everyone had a great Friday night sewing.  Thanks Wendy for hosting.

Until next time happy stitching.

9 comments:

  1. Wow the colours look great that you choose !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find precuts make for easy colour choice and you know everything is going to match.

      Delete
  2. The block looks great. I love your background colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a stunning block ;-) thanks for visiting for FNSI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the block and can't wait to see the quilt. I am sure I can wait until August 14.

    ReplyDelete