Saturday, October 12, 2013

Summer and an Ironing Board Cover

A few weeks ago I started making blocks for my Summer quilt designed by Camille Roskelley and I am pleased to say that not only have I finished all my blocks 12 in all but I have the top all put together.  I am waiting for my yardage to arrive to use for the backing and then I have to decide whether I send it out to be quilted.  I am investigating a new long arm quilter as the last quilt I had done took seven months and I don't really want to wait that long again.  I have recently been to a couple of quilt shows so I have picked up a few cards of long arm quilters.









 I really enjoyed making this quilt.  I am thinking I might do another block and make it up as a cushion to have a matching set.

Over at Cotton Way Bonnie has declared October as Ironing Board Makeover Month so I got inspired as I have had Bonnie's Patchwork Ironing Board Covers 2 pattern in the to do pile for some time.  I spent the afternoon making the cover I just had a problem putting the elastic in but otherwise I had a very enjoyable afternoon and a fully completed project.  Now I don't want to do any ironing as my cover is too nice.


Until next time happy stitching

1 comment:

  1. Your Summer quilt is beautiful Kim, and that ironing board cover is far too pretty to use!

    ReplyDelete