Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New Things

I know one of my New Year Resolutions was not to buy new things with a few exemptions.  Well I have completely failed on this resolution sometimes you just see something and you simply just cannot resist even when the cupboard is bursting with UFOs and unstarted projects and the wallet is screaming NOOOOOO!!  The need has just been too great to resist a couple of new projects.

This first one is Woodland Christmas by Liz Stanway of Teddlywinks and uses Lynette Anderson's new fabric range Candy Cane Angels which is just adorable and so are the little stitcheries.  The best thing was the stitcheries are preprinted so no tracing just jump right in and start stitching yeah!!.

 This one is a block of the month.  I wasn't going to do a block of the month this year since I did so many last year and I think they are all UFOs oh well one day.  It is designed by Helen Stubbings of Hugs n Kisses and called Cornelian.  I have finished the stitching for month 1 just have to wait on the red fabric to do the red hexies which comes with the later blocks so I am up to date on this one.  I saw Helen's original when I was in Hobart in March and knew I would not be able to resist this one.

 This is the stitching on a Christmas Bauble from one of the QFD CIJ patterns.  I have used Cottage Garden Thread in Running Postman.

Lastly this is my pile of quilts ready for trimming back and putting on the binding.  I have a few at the moment.  I have spent some time quilting in the last few days.  A few are small quilts but there are a couple of bigger quilts.  I will have to finish a couple to so that I can justify my new projects.

Happy stitching.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh I love Cornelian I am still resisting at this stag, I will look forward to your progress !!!!!!! Your bauble is so cute.
    Also I look forward to seeing your pile of quilts quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitcheries are gorgeous, I really love the ornament bauble, it's so cute. What a beautiful pile of quilts, you're going to be busy with binding for a while!

    ReplyDelete