Sunday, July 7, 2013

Simply Retro

I have been playing with Camille's new book Simply Retro.  So of course I couldn't just make one since they are all so nice.  I started with the Dapper Canon Quilt.  There are two versions of the Dapper Quilt and I will  make the other version soon.

 My version is a bit girly with cute owls and I got the most cute owl fabric to use as backing.  So this one is ready for quilting.  I think I will just do an all over mender.

The next one is Baby Love.  I used some charm squares of Happy Go Lucky that I had in the stash as well as the white dot Happy Go Lucky.  This week I found out that my cousin is expecting her second baby so I think this will be for that baby.  I have enough charm squares and white dot fabric to make another I think it would look great as a hanging quilt in the sewing room if I finally ever get it all finished.


The next are the blocks for Vintage.  Most of the fabric I got out of my Bonnie and Camille scrap bin.  This quilt is a bigger quilt but I just love it.  I think it is probably my favourite from Camille's book.


The next are part blocks from Framed.  I am using PB&J fabric by Basic Grey and the neutral is a Basic Grey Grunge fabric.  I really like the fabric and the bigger prints work great with this pattern.


This isn't from Camille's book but I was using the left overs from the flying geese from the Dapper Quilt.  I am going to make it into some pot holders.


I also have fabric to make the Sweet Life Quilt but I will just have to admire that fabric for the moment while I make some progress on the others.

I can highly recommend Simply Retro the instructions are easy to follow and the quilts are just beautiful.

Until next time happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment