Friday, July 26, 2013

QFD Christmas in July

I have started a Christmas in July project.  The projects this year are so nice it is hard to decide where to start.

I have started with Gail Pan's project.  I have used totally different fabrics to Gail.  After chatting with Gail in the chat room I was inspired to choose my own fabrics that I love.  I just need to find some backing so I can layer and quilt.

 The stitcheries.  I used some Cosmo Marble Threads that I found in the cupboard.

 I did say I was using fabric that I love.  It is a mixture of different ranges from Bonnie & Camille a bit of Ruby, Marmalade and Happy Go Lucky.  The binding will be from Vintage Modern.  I love that I can mix and match their ranges.

 The completed top.

A close up.
This isn't a project from CIJ but is from Art to Heart's latest book Ho Ho Ho Let it Snow and is a Christmas project.  I now have some blanket stitching to do.

Until next time happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you'll work on this project at FNWF?
    See you there! :)

    ReplyDelete