Sunday, June 2, 2013

Birthday and Progress

A couple of weeks ago I had a birthday and I just wanted to show some of the lovely things I got.

My friend Martine made me this card.  She and her husband are caravaning around Australia at the moment before moving to Cairns.  I really miss seeing her at work everyday but now she has time to make cards.  She has just done such a great job.  My Mum has made cards and a couple of years ago I gave some to Martine as a useful Christmas gift so Mum is the inspiration behind Martine's new hobby.


 Thomas, Joshua and Mikayla sent me this bag which I just love.


I asked the rest of my family to give me money as I wanted to do the Fat Quarter Shop's Deck-ade the Halls Quilt.  So I bought this.


And yesterday some of the fabric turned into this.


Three Wise Gingermen.  Very cute.  Another week before the next instalment Visit here to see the quilt and also watch the videos.

This is my first block of my Thimble Blossoms Round and Round Quilt.  I found I had to be careful to make sure that all the half square triangles stayed in the correct place, a lot of double checking was done.


This is my half square triangle project from Camille's Precut Piecing Made Simple Craftsy Class.

There are so many ways to set out half square triangles but I really liked the tiled pattern.  I quilted it myself as it is not a very big project and am quite pleased with how it turned out.  I just need to do the binding.


A close up of my quilting.


This is my Carousel Ride Quilt using Happy Go Lucky Fabrics designed by Cotton Way.

I really loved putting this together.  It is a big quilt so the photo is that good I need a room with no furniture for photo taking.


This is another quilt from Camille's Craftsy Class called Hash Tag.  I am going to have a go at quilting this one myself just have to organise with Mum a time to use her floor.


W is now finished.


Sewing on the binding of my Vintage Modern Quilt. I have a couple of bindings to do on some quilts and the weather is perfect for doing this job.


Until next time happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment