Thursday, April 25, 2013

A New Look

I have been meaning to update my blog for a while but I am not that great with all the tech stuff but I am quite pleased with how it has come up looking a bit modern.

Last week the Australasian Quilting Convention was on at the Melbourne Exhibition Building so of course I had to go.  I had a bit of a spend up as I purchased a new cutting table and sewing chair as well as some threads, a little bit of fabric and of course I had to get Gail Pan's new book Simply Christmas.  I had a lovely chat with Gail so after spending all my money I went home and made this.

 It is the little Snowman cushion.  It didn't take long to put together and was very fun to make.  Just deciding which project I would like to make next.

On the subject of Snowmen this is another block from Snowmen A to Zzz.  I have stitched all the lettering in all the blocks and have done most of the snowmen but decided to switch it up and do some of the colours so I have done bits and pieces of a few blocks.  The colours used are just so nice clear and pretty.

The Spools quilt top is all put together and is in the quilting pile.  While I was at AQC I had a go on a Sweet Sixteen with stitch regulator on mine it was such a delight to use and the stitches all the same length oh do I want one of these.  Well it is my dream to get some sort of long arm quilting machine I sure do have enough quilt tops that I could practice on.  The only thing is they are a bit on the expensive so it will be a while before I can afford to get one but a girl can dream.  The other restriction is space but if I can eventually get rid of all the things I am storing for my sisters I think I should be able to set it all up in the garage.  I have it all planned out.

Until next time happy stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment