Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm Back

I haven't had a chance to blog in a while as I have been sick and also went away for a long weekend.  I went  to Hobart for a sewing weekend with Helen Stubbings and Lynette Anderson which was really fun.  I also went to Port Arthur on the Sunday which was very interesting.

I also have been doing lots of sewing and stitching.

First some blocks in progress.

This is a pattern by Thimble Blossoms called Simple Charm.  It is a little table topper set on point.

 Another Thimble Blossoms pattern called Flower Girl.  I have made more of these blocks and this is just a sample.  I have a couple more to go but need to do some recutting as my stripes were going the wrong way. I had to get a new rotary cutter as my old one was not working properly.  I purchased some cheap blades and the rotary cutter has not been the same since it was getting annoying so I gave in and purchased a new one today.  A lesson learnt not to buy cheap blades but to stick to the the Clover branded blades and just wait until they are on sale.
 Another Thimble Blossoms pattern called Marmalade using Marmalade.  I need to add borders to this one.
 Wild Thing by Thimble Blossoms.  This is ready to go into the draw for quilting.
 Dilly Dally by yes Thimble Blossoms also ready for quilting.
 Churn Dash and you would not believe but this is not a Thimble Blossoms pattern but by Basic Grey.
 This is Helen's kit from the stitching day.
 This is Lynette's project.
 Hexies from Helen's project.  She uses iron on hexies which don't have to be removed.  I think I am going to enjoy using these so I got some extras to play with.
 This is my name tag from the day so cute.
 I have also done some EPP as well.
Until next time happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kim
    All your new projects look fantastic, you have plenty to keep you busy. I was at Helens sewing day to, wasn't it a fun way to spend a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete