I have so been meaning to blog for a while now but just hadn't found the time here are my excuses:
1. I think I had some sort of virus last weekend which has made be really tired. I hope that it is all it is.
2. Work has been so busy that by the time I get home I am so tired and don't want to look at a computer.
3. There are so many good movies at this time of year that I have been going to the movies on the weekend. In the past few weeks I have seen The Impossible and Hitchcock and more than a few weekends ago I saw Quartet. I still have a few on my list to see Lincoln, Silver Linings and Zero Dark Thirty.
4. Yesterday I went to a Dear Jane Exhibition. Inspiring is all I can say. All quilts were just beautiful and it was lovely reading the story behind the quilts.
5. I had quite a few sewing deadlines. Thankfully all the gifts were made in time and were just loved. I did forget to take a photo of the finished quilt I did for my Aunty who turned 60 on the 7th of February. I had to get it to my Mum for her to post to Queensland. I am good at forgetting to take photos before I wrap up presents I normally remember once I have wrapped and think oh can't be bothered unwrapping I need to be more diligent.
6. We were painting the sewing room. The walls are done apart from one where the window is as I need to get a new window. The doors on the wardrobe need to be done and are next on the list. The design wall has been hung without too much difficulty.
The following are gifts for a dear friend I mine who I worked with for the last 7.5 years and just between us she is the best person I have ever worked with so I went slightly overboard with the gift giving but MO is a real treasure and I will miss her terribly.
I was very pleased with all the presents I made and I know they will by treasured.
After all that gift making I found some time to do a "me" project and I finished my Merry Merry Snowman quilt top. I am going to get this one professionally quilted.
Lynette and Helen in March am so looking forward to it. I really love both Lynette and Helen's designs and have made many of their projects and have many in the "works".
Until next time happy stitching.