Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Quilt Tops

Since last post I have managed to get a few quilt tops together.  It has been hot here not good for quilting but I have a few presents to make for birthdays in the next couple of months so need to keep going no matter the weather.

 This is Dilly Dally by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms using her Marmalade range of fabric.  I just need to fix a seam which didn't quite catch.  As I was ironing it I pull the fabric and the seam came apart.  I am glad it happened now and not while I had it all layered to be quilted.

 This is Piece of Cake 3 also by Camille.  I am doing some not so straight line quilting and the blocks are made from the stash.  This is a present for my Aunt who will be 60 in early February.

 This is Hopscotch also by Camille but this time using her Vintage Modern range.

 Another design by Camille called Wild Thing.  I have used Sweetwater's Mama said Sew range of fabric.  I found some beautiful Riley Blake large ric rac which goes perfectly.  It was a little expensive but I had a $20.00 discount so that justified me buying it.

 Can you guess whose design this is?

Of course you can it is On a Whim by Camille also in Vintage Modern.  Only blocks at the moment waiting on my sewing room to be painted and the design wall to go up.  Painting will be happening this weekend yeah!!

These blocks are for a Quilt as you go quilt.  It is from Australian Quilters Companion Quilts from Precut Fabrics No 2.  It is designed by Michelle Marvig.  The original has totally different fabric and has flowers appliqued  but I think I am going to leave the flowers off.  I have used Sweetwater's Noteworthy range of fabric.  Some of the fabric has words on it like a bucket list and even though it is American I have actually done a few of the things.  Much easier to visit all the states in Australia than all the states in the US.  I only have Tasmania to go.  I am just waiting for the yardage to be released to get the backing and sashing.

Now I have a dilemma.  I said I wasn't going to start anything new but I have just seen the Fat Quarters Shop mystery quilt for 2013 and I am very tempted.  I am going to think about it but I found a saying on my calendar that went along the lines of reusing your resolutions from the previous year.  I think that this totally applies to me.

Until next time happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment