Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year

In about 5 hours time it will be 2013 which is a bit unbelievable.  So it is resolution time again.  I don't think I did so well on my resolutions particularly the one about blogging a bit more.  Will try again next year on that one.

My major resolution is try to complete some long and not so long outstanding projects.  To that end I am going to try to not buy anything new.  I have a few little exemptions that is if I need something to finish off a project I am allowed to get, I am also allowed to do any online events hosted by Quilt Fabric Delights and get anything new from Bonnie and Camille particularly their new fabric range called Happy Go Lucky for a peak visit here or here.  Okay I think I already need to confess to having purchased all of Camille's new patterns and having pre-ordered her book due in the middle of the year but it doesn't count because resolutions don't start until the New Year do they?

These are my last two finished projects for the year.  Both are presents for a friend from work and her new baby due to arrive in February.

 This quilt is called Elephant Parade and is by Mellie & Me.

 Some close ups of the quilting done by Lucy.  She always does a great job.

This is a Quilt Fabric Delights Christmas in July project it was designed by Rachael Merrick and is an IPad cover.  The original design had a pieced front but I decided just to use the one fabric which came from the stash.  It was easy to put together and didn't take long.  I also managed to do a button hole for the first time on this machine.  It was so easy I don't know what I was so nervous about.

Another thing I am going to do is have some sewing days or nights where I just totally forget about the housework and anything else and sew to my hearts content.  I am starting that tonight.

So I am off to do my sewing.

Happy New Year may it be full of stitching goodness and lots of finished projects!!




No comments:

Post a Comment