Sunday, December 9, 2012

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Well that is how the saying goes so you all must be really fond of me!  I have been a bit unwell with a sore throat and a virus that made be very tired so I have been taking it a bit easy and haven't done as much sewing as I would have liked.  I have managed to do a few things even in all the heat yesterday and the fact that I am renovating in my sewing room so have my machine in the hallway a bit of the obstacle course but waiting on the helper (aka Dad) to come and do the sanding.

This pin cushion I am using as a gift.  Designed by Gail Pan.  I am going to make one for myself as well as it is so cute.

 Blocks 5 and 6 of my Mystery Quilt BOM.  The October block a whole month to arrive in the mail and the November block took a week so I made them both together.  The amazing workings of Australia Post.  Block 7 should be on its way so lets see how long it takes to arrive probably longer due to all the parcels people were posting the other day when I was in the Post Office.

 Little Pipsqueaks designed by Bonnie of Cotton Way using Flannel Marmalade.  It was quick and easy to put together only four big blocks and will be lovely to snuggle under in the colder months.

 This is a mystery quilt from Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine.  I just need to audition borders.  Every bit of fabric is from the stash which didn't make a dent in it I think even if I made 100 of these quilts it still wouldn't make a dent.


This pattern is called Wild Thing designed by Camille Roskelley of Thimbleblossoms.  The fabric range is Mama said Sew by Sweetwater.  I am up to sewing the stripes together.  I found the perfect ric rac to use it was a bit expensive but I had a voucher so that justified buying it.

I have to make some place mats for my sister.  She wants them as a gift for her sister-in-law.  I am working myself up to doing it.  I better do it since she made me the most delicious ginger bread sleigh.

Until next time happy stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment