Monday, June 25, 2012

Weird and wonderful happenings

The last week some really strange things have happened.  In Victoria there was an earthquake which is pretty much a rare thing here it measured 5.3 or 5.5 depending on who was telling you.  It is a really weird feeling when the ground is moving beneath you and things are moving on the shelf.

Also last week I saw something strange and I wish I had my camera to take a photo.  A possum was walking down Collins Street.  I have never seen anything like that.  I have worked on Collins Street for nearly 18 years and it was a first for me.  There are parks not that far away so I think he was just a little lost or may be it was a she and she was off to the stocktake sales!  LOL

Just a couple of photos this week.

 This is my neck hot pack using Vintage Modern Flannel the pattern is by Bonnie of Cotton Way and is called Soothing Hot/Cold Rice Bags but I have actually used wheat in mine.  I have 5 kgs of wheat so am going to make some more.  There are four different designs in this pattern.  I might make some as presents.

This is the first block from Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Block of the Month which arrived during the week and is already complete so I am up to date with this BOM unlike my others.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone at QFD Christmas in July.

Until then happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim! Just found you on the Christmas in July :) You certainly have a lot of beautiful projects going. My daughter is also doing the Fat Quarter Shop's Mystery BOM, great colours!

    ReplyDelete