Sunday, June 3, 2012

MIA

Sorry for being missing in action over the last few weeks.  I have been unwell.  Nothing major it all started with a stye on my eye and the cream I got for it from the chemist worked but I was allergic to it.  After that I got a cold which turned into a chest infection and lots of coughing fits.  Went to the doctors had three days off work this last week to rest and got some medicine so am now feeling so much better with only a little bit of a cough.

Needless to say I haven't done too much sewing and am again behind in my blocks of the month with the next blocks just or about to arrive.  Lucky next Monday the 11th is a public holiday so I might make it a sewing day.

I have managed to complete a couple of things.


This quilt is for one of my nephew's birthday.  It is a Hatched & Patched design from a while ago (not sure where I have put the pattern).  I quilted it in the ditch myself so it is not perfect but it is finished.  I have one more to complete it just needs borders but I think I need to send it to the longarm quilter.  It is totally different design.  Hopefully it will be finished in time for their birthday in August.


 This is my Spot On quilt from my Simplify book.  I quilted this one myself as well.  I am sewing on the binding of another quilt from this book so hopefully it will be ready soon to show fully completed.


These two little quilts are made using left overs from some flying geese I was making.  I am giving these two to my niece and her friend to use for their dolls.  I have another three to make up and have been working on some more flying geese so will have more left overs.

Until next time happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. your quilts are beautiful Kim. I have made the Hatched and patched quilt for my son, its a fun project.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete