Monday, April 16, 2012

Scrap Happy

I can't believe how quickly the weekend goes there is never enough time to do everything hence to say I have a bit of housework to do.

During the week I purchased a book called Cut the Scraps.  Let me tell you this is a great book.  I am determined to make use of some of the fabric I have in my cupboard some drawers are overflowing   It give great tips on how to start what size to cut things and there are some really nice patterns as well.

This is my progress

 I have added a 10 inch square to the recommended cuts and I am also doing 2.5 inch and 1.5 inch strips as well for layer cake and jelly roll patterns.  The 1.5 inch strips I can use for the one day log cabin I want to do.
 I am using up some of my left over Bonnie and Camille fabric ranges to make a quilt with hexies need to work out my background fabrics.

This also arrived in the mail my Vintage Modern fat quarter bundle yum!  Have a few projects in mind for this lot just waiting on the yardage to go on sale.  In the meantime I have plenty to keep me busy.

Until next time happy stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Such cute hexagons, the Vintage Modern is so nice.

    ReplyDelete