Monday, April 9, 2012

Back on Track

After a tough couple of weeks I am finally back on track.  I have been stitching but just haven't felt up to blogging.

Here goes.  I have finished a number of quilts some I have quilted myself and some I had professionally quilted.  I am using some of the quilts for gifts and am very pleased with them.  I have decided to do more of my own quilting as I have a number of tops and although the professional quilters do a wonderful job it does become price prohibitive.  I am really enjoying doing the quilting and love my Janome Horizon.  It is hard work particularly putting the three layers together.  I have been lucky enough to have been able to use Mum's spare bedroom to do my layering.  Unfortunately for me my sister is moving back to Mum's so I won't have that room for much longer.  I am hopeful of getting a couple more tops together before I lose the room just need to get some more wadding and quilt the two I set up yesterday so that I have some pins.



 This quilt is a gift for a friend who is having a special birthday I can't say any more than that.  I can't wait to give it to her only a couple of weeks to go.  I am very proud that I can part with a Ruby quilt at least I have my Vintage Modern precuts to play with now.


This is a quilt for one of my nieces.  It had been finished for a while but just had to find the money to get it quilted.  It is so cute.  I have used much brighter fabrics than the original pattern.


You might remember this as a top from a couple of posts ago.  This is one I quilted myself.  Not sure what will happen to this one.  I know Mum wants some for gifts.  Every time I go to layer a quilt she asks "Who is that for?"  Did have to tell her that the other Ruby Quilt is for me.


This is a scrap quilt that Mum has claimed for a friend's birthday.  The quilting isn't that crash hot but I can see that I have improved.

It is nice having all these finished projects.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter and haven't had too much chocolate.

Until next time happy stitching/quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment