Sunday, April 3, 2011

As Time Goes By Life is Beautiful

This week I have been to class.  We are doing a block of the month by Helen Stubbings of HugsnKisses called As Time Goes By.  This month the technique was needleturn of which I am only a beginner.  With Joanne's help I think I finally get it although I don't think I will ever have perfect needleturn but as long as I am enjoying it and can see improvement then that is fine by me.  This is it so far there is still a bit of work to do on Block 1.

Some more flowers to be worked on.

The other project I have been working on is Life is Beautiful this is also by Helen Stubbings.  I have been working on this off and on and slowly making my way through the stitcheries.  I have 12 more to stitch but have decided to put together some of the blocks.

Some to the stitcheries.  I have been using Cottage Garden Thread which is so nice to use.

These are my fabrics.  Blush by Basic Grey for Moda.  I really like pinks and browns together.

The other reason life is beautiful is that in four weeks time I will be up in the air flying to Canada.  I am so excited as I have been saving and planning for this trip for the last five years.  My bag is already partly packed.

Until next time happy stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment