I had a bit of a slow sewing week this week as I came down with a cold and was too tired to do to much. I have now finished my Twas the Night Before Christmas ready for Christmas (very organised). I really like it and think I must get Helen Stubbings' other patterns that match.
I also managed to finish the other camera case which I am using as a gift.
This week I have been working on a new quilt called Dream Big out of my Simplify book by Camille Roskelley. It is like doing a jig saw puzzle. I haven't quite got the top together.
There hasn't been too much unpicking I have so far only sewn two of the blocks the wrong way although in the photo it likes there is a wrong row but I have just run into the lounge to check and it wasn't aligned properly when I took the photo Whew! I had a panic moment where I thought I would be doing more unpicking now that is not what I want to dream about.
I have also stitched this cutie.
Another Cinderberries design this one was in the Kids Issue of Homespun. I just need to add borders and this one gets framed over an artist canvas. It is for my cousin's new baby Ashley who was born on 10 January this year.
I have also been making some more of Janelle Wind's camera bags from her book Pieces of Me.
I used some of my swap fabric to make another for me for my little video camera and the other is for a present. I am making another one as a present. I have left off the big button that Janelle had on her original.
That is my sewing for this week back to dreaming big.
This week I have put the finishing touches on two quilts. I have quilted them myself on my sewing machine. I am getting a lot of practice doing machine quilting and feel confident doing straight (but sometimes wonky) lines.
The first is a quilt a did in class a little while back which uses 5 inch squares (charm squares) and I used some of my left over brights.
It was really clever how it was made as it looks like a huge amount of work but the blocks were nine patches that were then cut and turned and resewn and you can use the technique for any size block.
The next finished quilt is from Homespun (some years ago) and was designed by Helen Stubbings and uses her colourque technique. The top had been sitting in the cupboard with the wadding and backing so I finally decided to have a go at quilting it myself.
A close up of the centre block. I really enjoy colouring in and eventually will get around to doing some more of Helen's colourque designs. I have her book now just need the time.
I have joined the Westalee Rulers Mystery Quilt to use up some of my stash. These rulers make quilting easier and quicker and they are an Aussie company.
This is what I have done so far.
I think there are 113 blocks in total so that should use up some of the stash.
I have also found another quilt in a magazine that I am going to make from the stash and I have started cutting out 8.5 inch squares. The rotary cutter is being worked hard.
I am also doing some English Paper Piecing from the stash. Lucky the stash is big to do all these things. LOL
I have been working on some stitcheries that have lots of colonial knots.
It is an Angels in Disguise pattern which I have had for a while. I have done all the knots just need to do the bears and the vines and leaves.
I was hoping to have some finished things to show but we have had a warm week which makes it too hot to sew. The weather has changed now and it is a lot cooler so I will be able to stitch the binding on two quilts to show next time.
Hope everyone has stayed safe from cyclones, floods, heat waves and fire. Yes all these things have happened this week somewhere in Australia. If you are overseas I hope the weather isn't too cold and if it is that you are snuggled up under a quilt.
Until next time happy stitching.
P.S. I have some ideas for using up some of my stash. I will show you one next time.