Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hats and Flowers

This week I attended a class where we made a hat.  Not the kind that you wear on your head but a pin cushion.  It is made from wool felt which comes in the most delicious colours.  I have good intentions to make another as it was such fun to make and was done in a three hour class.

It is designed by Simone Gooding of May Blossom.  She makes a lot of felt projects and I have a couple on the go at the moment.  I am also waiting on the aqua felt to arrive.

The other thing I have been working on this week is my Flower Pot People and I have finished block 1 yeah.


Sorry I am having a few problems and can't get the photo to go the correct way.  Computers sometimes have minds of their own.  Anyway this is designed by Natalie Ross In Stitches and I managed to get the same fabrics as Natalie used in hers apart from the white and dark pink for the petals.  The rest of the fabric is from a range called Hunky Dory which I love and will have enough left over for some other projects.

Finally we have a weekend where it is not raining and we now have some sunshine so hopefully I won't have to turn the heater on again for a while.  Fingers crossed.

I spending the rest of my Sunday sewing and stitching so I should have more to show soon.

Happy stitching

1 comment:

  1. This little hat is really cute !! And I love Hunky Dory too ! Your block is beautiful !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete