Sunday, May 30, 2010

Biggest Morning Tea and Belated Birthday Dinner

Yesterday I attended a Biggest Morning Tea at my local craft store.  We have been doing the Biggest Morning Tea for six or so years now.  It is a fundraiser for cancer research.  We all make a donation and part of our class fees go to the Anti Cancer Council.  It is always a fun morning with lots of food, stitching and chatting.  This is what we made.



I am going to attach it to a tea towel but I have finished all the stitching this morning.  It was mainly back stitch and a little bit of satin stitch.

Last night we had a family dinner to celebrate my Mum's and my birthday.  My sister Jessica made us this cake.



It looked great and tastes yummy too. 

I have been busy sewing hexagons for my Rebel quilt (shown in my last post).  English paper piecing is so much fun you don't have to think about it.  I am hoping to have it finished during this week so I can show a picture next week.

I have also done a  little more on my Anttitude Quilt in class on Wednesday night but have been side tracked with the paper piecing.  I have a couple of weeks before the next class.

This week I am off to class for my Christmas Block of the Month and my Block of the Month. 

Until next time happy stitching I am off to do some more paper piecing.

No comments:

Post a Comment